SMGSA Weekly Update
Hello SMGSA Families!
Please take a second to read our weekly update below…
- If you haven’t already done so, please make sure all players and parents sign the new Concussion Information Sheet. This is a new law that came into effect on January 1. We will need these forms signed and returned before by February 28th. If you need a copy of one to sign, please see your team manager for the sheet.
- Our 2017 SMGSA swag is trickling in from our printers however the remaining unsold items are trickling away as well. To ensure you get the size you want, make sure you pre-order using the “SMGSA Apparel” menu button above. Swag will be available for pick up by opening day.
- Next Tuesday, February 28th will be our Parent Workshop from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. It was originally planned to have this event at Sierra Madre Middle School however we have changed the venue to Alverno Heights Academy located at 200 N. Michillinda Ave. in Sierra Madre. The event will be held in the cafeteria and parking will be in the east lot off of Wilson Street. We are requesting at least one parent from each family attend the event. We will also be handing out uniforms to those in attendance.
- Our team sponsorships are rolling in and we, as a league, are thankful for each and every person or business that sponsors a team. Last week, we launched a sponsorship contest with prizes awarded to the team that raises the most money in sponsorships. The first place team will receive team branded raglan practice shirts for each player. The second place team will receive a pizza party and the third place team will receive an ice cream party. The contest ends when the final game ends on Opening Day. Last year, the top team raised $1025 in sponsorships so with more girls and more teams this year, we looking to surpass that mark. Keep those sponsorships coming in.
- A few nights ago, we launched the service schedule sign ups for the Heasley Diner. If you haven’t signed up yet, spaces are filling up. You can sign up using this link:
- Opening day is less than 2 weeks away and it is sure to be a fun day. Our carnival with food and prizes will be a lot of fun for families. If you can spare an hour on opening day, we could still use some volunteers to operate a booth. Here is the link to those sign-ups: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054fa9a62cabff2-opening1
- When practicing or playing at Sierra Madre Middle School, we ask that players and spectators avoid the dirt areas next to the homes, north of the playing fields. This is a buffer zone that we have promised to the neighbors to remain away from in order to protect their privacy. Managers and coaches will be posting signs along this buffer zone before each practice or game so that it is clearly marked. Your assistance with this is greatly appreciated.
Hopefully the strong rains are behind us and that the girls can begin to play consistent softball and we appreciate your patience while we deal with Mother Nature. The season is quickly approaching and we hope you make plans to join us on opening day at Heasley Field.