Happy Saturday SMGSA!
As we wrap up the end of the spring season, it is nice to see how much each and every girl has progressed over the past 9 weeks. With some divisions beginning playoffs tomorrow, some well played softball is sure to be upon us. With that, some info as we wrap up the season is below…
- Playoff schedules are posted on the SMGSA website. There is some sort of error on the scheduling portion so we have had to put it in manually. As games finish, the tab labeled “Playoffs” at the top will be updated with opponents, locations and times.
- Closing day is next Saturday, May 12th. The day will begin at 8am at Heasley Field with the annual Manager’s game. Come out and cheer on the spring managers and see if they play as they preach! Immediately following the game, our closing ceremonies will begin at 10am with the distribution of the 1st and 2nd place trophies and yearbooks. The diner will be open for breakfast at 8 and will remain open throughout the day.
- Championship games will be next Saturday at Heasley field with the 8U division beginning at 11:30, 10U at 2:00, 12U at 4:30 and 14U at 7:00. Please note that the 14U championship could be decided the night before since it is a double elimination tournament.
- If you are missing gear or apparel, please check the lost and found which will be in a large red bucket outside the diner at Heasley Field.
- On closing day, all members who have their email addresses inputted into our registration site will receive an online ballot to vote for 2018-2019 Board of Directors. Please take a couple of minutes when you receive it to log on and vote. We also still have a few positions which do not have any candidates nominated. If you are interested in one of those or any other position, please reach out to Jeff Reisbeck at email@example.com before Thursday, May 10th.
Good luck to all teams over the next week and we look forward to seeing everyone on Closing Day.