News and Announcements
Happy Monday SMGSA Families!
This is just a reminder of tomorrow’s Parent Meeting at Alverno. The meeting will begin at 6:30pm and will be located in the cafeteria. Please remember to park on the east side of campus off of Wilson.
Also, our Diner sign-ups have gotten off to a strong start. More than 2/3’s of the spaces are filled. If you haven’t signed up, don’t miss your chance to get a spot that works best for you. Here is the link to the page: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054fa9a62cabff2-diner1
Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night!
Correction to last nights email blast/website post…
The parent meeting is Tuesday, February 28th at 6:30pm at Alverno. It is not Thursday. We apologize for any confusion.
Hello SMGSA Families!
Please take a second to read our weekly update below…
- If you haven’t already done so, please make sure all players and parents sign the new Concussion Information Sheet. This is a new law that came into effect on January 1. We will need these forms signed and returned before by February 28th. If you need a copy of one to sign, please see your team manager for the sheet.
- Our 2017 SMGSA swag is trickling in from our printers however the remaining unsold items are trickling away as well. To ensure you get the size you want, make sure you pre-order using the “SMGSA Apparel” menu button above. Swag will be available for pick up by opening day.
- Next Tuesday, February 28th will be our Parent Workshop from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. It was originally planned to have this event at Sierra Madre Middle School however we have changed the venue to Alverno Heights Academy located at 200 N. Michillinda Ave. in Sierra Madre. The event will be held in the cafeteria and parking will be in the east lot off of Wilson Street. We are requesting at least one parent from each family attend the event. We will also be handing out uniforms to those in attendance.
- Our team sponsorships are rolling in and we, as a league, are thankful for each and every person or business that sponsors a team. Last week, we launched a sponsorship contest with prizes awarded to the team that raises the most money in sponsorships. The first place team will receive team branded raglan practice shirts for each player. The second place team will receive a pizza party and the third place team will receive an ice cream party. The contest ends when the final game ends on Opening Day. Last year, the top team raised $1025 in sponsorships so with more girls and more teams this year, we looking to surpass that mark. Keep those sponsorships coming in.
- A few nights ago, we launched the service schedule sign ups for the Heasley Diner. If you haven’t signed up yet, spaces are filling up. You can sign up using this link:
- Opening day is less than 2 weeks away and it is sure to be a fun day. Our carnival with food and prizes will be a lot of fun for families. If you can spare an hour on opening day, we could still use some volunteers to operate a booth. Here is the link to those sign-ups: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054fa9a62cabff2-opening1
- When practicing or playing at Sierra Madre Middle School, we ask that players and spectators avoid the dirt areas next to the homes, north of the playing fields. This is a buffer zone that we have promised to the neighbors to remain away from in order to protect their privacy. Managers and coaches will be posting signs along this buffer zone before each practice or game so that it is clearly marked. Your assistance with this is greatly appreciated.
Hopefully the strong rains are behind us and that the girls can begin to play consistent softball and we appreciate your patience while we deal with Mother Nature. The season is quickly approaching and we hope you make plans to join us on opening day at Heasley Field.
The diner at Heasley Field is an essential part of SMGSA, and the diner’s success depends upon parent volunteers. Each family is required to work a two-hour shift per player. A $60 per player deposit was paid as part of registration. Once you work your 2 hour diner shift at Heasley, the deposit will be refunded.
You will have until April 2, 2017, to sign up for a shift. Your diner deposit will be forfeited if you do not sign up for a shift by this date. Here is a link directly to the SignUpGenius to secure your spot.
Due to the current weather and forecasts, practices for today (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) are cancelled. If for whatever reason the forecasts are wrong and it stops raining tonight, leading to a sunny warm day that dry up the fields tomorrow, we’ll announce that practices can resume.
Sunday practices will go as scheduled unless noted at a later time based on field conditions.