News and Announcements
Hello SMGSA Families!
The website is experiencing some technical errors with the schedule. There are changes and we’ve listed them below. Once the issues are remedied, we will change the actual schedule. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thursday, May 3rd, 2018
05:15 PM Heartbreakers @ Blue Jays Heasley Field
07:15 PM Scorpions @ Intensity Heasley Field – CHANGE
Friday, May 4th, 2018
05:00 PM Electric @ Fireballs Heasley T-Ball
05:30 PM Tidal Waves @ Reign Jefferson Park – CHANGE
05:30 PM Intensity @ BAM Heasley Field – CHANGE
07:00 PM Green Goblins @ Purple Reign Heasley T-Ball
07:30 PM Monterey Park @ Scorpions Jefferson Park – CHANGE
07:30 PM Sea Monsters @ Venom Heasley Field
Sunday, May 6th, 2018
11:00 AM Unicorns @ Robins Heasley T-Ball
11:15 AM 10U 8th Place @ Illusion Heasley Field
12:30 PM Mermaids @ Purple Dragons Heasley T-Ball
01:15 PM 10U 7th Place @ Reign Heasley Field
01:30 PM 10U 6th Place @ Stingers Jefferson Park
02:30 PM 8U 6th Place @ 8U 3rd Place Heasley T-Ball
03:15 PM Venom @ Sierra Madre Force Heasley Field
03:30 PM Bad Company @ Navy Seals (10U) Jefferson Park
04:30 PM 8U 5th Place @ 8U 4th Place Heasley T-Ball
05:15 PM Sea Monsters @ Navy Seals Heasley Field
07:15 PM Scorpions @ BAM Heasley Field
As teams clinch spots, the playoff bracket tab on the website will be updated.
Happy Friday SMGSA Families!
A few announcements…
- Players who missed opening day pictures have one opportunity to get their individual pictures done. That will be* Saturday, April 28th at 4:30pm at Heasley Field.* Any questions on pictures, please contact Mike Lundy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are still plenty of slots open for tomorrow’s hitting and pitching clinics at Sierra Madre Middle School with Ashley Lopez. Here is a link to sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4aa8aa22a7f58-spring6
- This weekend will be the last weekend to turn in and purchase yearbook tributes for the spring yearbook. There will be a table set up outside of the diner on Sunday at Heasley Field for payments. Tribute pages can be printed off of the smgsa.org website under the Documents section. Any questions on tributes or the yearbook should be directed to Fred Thomas at email@example.com.
- The Playoffs schedule will be posted soon. Playoffs will begin on May 4th and continue through our closing day, May 12th. As teams clinch the regular season, times/locations/details will be posted on the website.
- 2018 Spring Apparel has been restocked and is again available for purchase. You can purchase on any day the diner is open and run by SMGSA or purchase on the smgsa.org website under the Apparel tab. Questions on apparel, please contact Elisabeth Marchetti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only ten more days to get your nominations in for the the 2018-2019 SMGSA Board. Details on each position can be found on the smgsa.org website under the Documents section. It takes 19 board positions to run this league and if you want to have a voice on the direction of the league, this is a great way to make a difference. If you have any questions on the positions, please reach out to Jeff Reisbeck (email@example.com) or David Marquez (firstname.lastname@example.org). Nominations should be submitted by 11:59pm on April 30th to email@example.com.
- Volunteers that help out in practice or games should now have an ID lanyard which should be worn while volunteering. Please ensure this is displayed to ensure the safety of all players.
Have a great weekend everyone and hope to see you out on the field.
Don’t miss out, only a few hitting and pitching clinics are left this season. The next one is this weekend, April 21st. Sign up via the SignUpGenius by clicking here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4aa8aa22a7f58-spring6
Player tributes for this year’s yearbook are due by this Sunday, April 22nd. You can print off the tributes on the website under the Document’s section. Decorate and then bring them to Heasley Field on Sunday. There will be a table set up outside the diner.
Hello SMGSA families!
Don’t forget that tomorrow, Saturday, is another hitting and pitching clinic put on by Ashley Lopez. There is still room left. Here is the link to sign up:
We are still taking nominations for the 2018-2019 SMGSA Board of Directors. Descriptions on each position can be found on the SMGSA website under the documents section. Nominations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want a voice in how the league is run, joining the board is the best way.
Player tributes are on sale. These tributes will go into our end of season yearbook and the templates can be found on the SMGSA website under the documents section. Once you have completed the tribute, you can take it to Heasley Field on Friday or Sunday and look for Coach Fred or a table sat right outside the diner. Prices are:
1/4 page – $5
1/2 page – $10
Full page – $20
Hope to see you all out on the field this weekend.