News and Announcements
A few announcements for this Sunday, April 8th.
- Pictures are in. Team Parents or Managers, please arrange to pick them up from Mike Lundy. If you are playing at Jefferson Park today, he will deliver those team’s photos.
- Softball tributes are a great way to send your player a message that will be posted in the 2018 Spring yearbook. Tributes will be on sale today at Heasley Field, or you can download one from the Documents section of the smgsa.org website. Prices are:
1/4 page – $5
1/2 page – $10
Full page – $20
Payment is made when you turn the finished product at the table set up in front of the diner on Sunday’s.
- Clinics will resume next Saturday the 14th. Here is the link to sign up:
Have a great Sunday!
It is that time of year where nominations for the 2018-2019 Executive Board are being taken. SMGSA relies on volunteers, from the Board to the Managers/Coaches to the Team Parent’s etc. Being on the Board is a great way to help make SMGSA successful and with over 300 girls this spring season, we are hoping for a good amount of nominations. Don’t hesitate to nominate yourself either! :)
Below is a link to the descriptions of each Board position with an approximate time commitment. The off-season is obviously the least amount of time needed while the spring season has the most. There are 19 seats needing to be filled which include:
Field Maintenance Officer
Snack Activities Officer (Diner)
Director of Coaching
Special Activities Officer
Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com no later than April 30, 2018. Please include a phone number of the nominee. Voting occurs on closing day of the spring season and the new board takes over July 1st and runs through June 30th. When nominations are received, a member of the Nomination Committee will reach out to the individual to discuss what the position entails. Questions regarding all positions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
VERY IMPORTANT… Any member of SMGSA is allowed to vote. Per the SMGSA bylaws, a member is defined as parents, guardians, managers, coaches, sponsors and board members. Voting is done electronically and a link will be emailed out to access the voting site. Email addresses for voting are pulled from the Registration website. If both parents or guardians choose to vote, both of their email addresses must be in the registration system as every email address can only cast one vote. To verify all parents/guardians emails are uploaded and/or correct on the registration website, visit https://active.leagueone.com/Olr/Pages/Welcome.aspx?ClubId=13577 and log on to view your profile.*
Our Spring clinics are continuing this Saturday, March 31st at Sierra Madre Middle School.
Here is a link to sign up and/or to obtain more info…
Good morning. Last night, the Umpire in Chief of SMGSA, Lynda Albright, resigned after serving 15+ years on the SMGSA board of directors. Lynda had three daughters go through the program and due to personal reasons, felt it was time to move on. On behalf of the entire SMGSA board, we’d like to thank Lynda for all the blood, sweat and tears she gave this league over the last two decades and wish her and her family all the best in the future.
Good morning SMGSA Families!
It looks as though the rain has passed and warmer weather is headed our way. We apologize for the rescheduling of games but obviously the girls safety is our number one concern. A few announcements/requests…
- We have opened up more slots of hitting and pitching clinics for tomorrow at SMMS. The registration for the clinics closes at 8am tomorrow morning so grab the spots while you can. Here is the link…
- While we are fortunate enough to have a tarp for the Heasley Field infield, our other fields are not as lucky. The Heasley T-Ball field may not be dry enough to play on tonight but we will do everything we can to help it along. If you have a game on that T-Ball field tonight, we will alert everyone by 3:30 today as to whether that game will be cancelled. No news is good news, however. We have a few teams playing in other cities tonight so if that is you, please check with your team manager as to the status of those games. Games on Heasley Field will be played tonight.
- In about a month and a half, our annual board election will take place for the 2018-2019 fiscal year. In the coming weeks, we will be posting what the volunteer positions entail and the approximate time commitment on each. We will be calling for nominations in the first week of April so if you have interest, the league NEEDS you! If you have any questions regarding the board or the positions, please reach out to the league President, Jeff Reisbeck, or Vice President, David Marquez.
- The City of Sierra Madre has requested we send out a reminder to everyone that pets and smoking are strictly prohibited at Sierra Madre Elementary School and Sierra Madre Middle School. Compliance with this is very much appreciated.
All for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend and we’ll see you out on the field!