News and Announcements
Just a reminder that registration for the Spring 2018 season will close on Tuesday, January 16th. *PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME DIVISIONS MAY CLOSE EARLIER THAN TUESDAY DUE TO THE DIVISION SELLING OUT.* Should you receive a message when signing up that the division is full, please email us at email@example.com to be put on the waitlist.
Registration can be found on our website at www.smgsa.org, under the “Spring Registration” tab at the top. If you are looking to help volunteer on a team, please fill out the Volunteer Application located under the Documents section of the website, and return it to us via email.
We are still in need of a few 6u and 8u managers. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you out on the field for the 46th year of Sierra Madre Girls Softball, the western San Gabriel Valley’s premier USA Softball association.
Hope everyone had a healthy and safe holiday season while bringing in the new year with loved ones at your side. The 2018 Spring Registration closes in just two weeks, January 16th, to be exact. If you haven’t done so already, please sign up via our website (www.smgsa.org) and click on the Spring Registration tab at the top. We do a offer payment plan that you can execute upon checkout. A few notes about dates:
- 1/16 at 11:59pm – Registration closes
- 1/20 at Sierra Madre Middle School:
- 10am – 8U evaluations (all new players to the league and those that played 6U last spring)
- 11am – 8U pitchers and catchers evaluation (all pitchers and catcher must evaluate even if returning)
- 12pm – 12U evaluations (all new players to the league)
- 1pm – 12U pitchers and catcher evaluation (all pitchers and catcher must evaluate even if returning)
- 1/20 from 10am-2pm at Sierra Madre Middle School – Uniform sizing (all players must attend one of the dates)
- 1/21 from 9am-12pm at La Bonita Park in La Habra – Part one of Managers training (all managers must attend)
- 1/27 at Sierra Madre Middle School:
- 10am – 10U evaluations (all new players to the league)
- 11am – 10U pitchers and catchers evaluation (all pitchers and catcher must evaluate even if returning)
- 12pm – 14U evaluations (all new players to the league)
- 1pm – 14U pitchers and catchers evaluation (all pitchers and catcher must evaluate even if returning)
- 1/27 from 10am-2pm at Sierra Madre Middle School – Uniform sizing (all players must attend one of the dates)
- 1/28 from 10am-2pm at Heasley Field – Uniform sizing (all players must attend one of the dates)
- 2/3 from 12pm-4pm at the Sierra Madre Room at Heasley Field – Part two of managers training (all managers and board members must attend)
- 2/12 – Pre-season practices begin
- 2/17 from 12pm-2pm at the Sierra Madre Room at Heasley Field – Parent’s meeting
- 2/17 from 2pm-3pm at the Sierra Madre Room at Heasley Field – Team Parent meeting
- 3/3 at Heasley Field – Opening day with team pictures
We are still in need of managers for all divisions. Volunteer applications are available in the document section of the SMGSA website. Deadline to apply to be a manager has been extended to Monday, January 8th.
Those in need of financial aide can request it by filling out the scholarship application which is located in the document section of the SMGSA website. Deadline to apply is Monday, January 8th.
Hope to see everyone out on the field this spring!
Play It Again Sports in Pasadena is a cherished sponsor of SMGSA and is the spot to buy and sell new and used gear. In the Documents section of the league home page, a flyer is posted which includes a coupon for $10 off any purchase over $100. It also highlights their new Five Stars rewards program that will earn you additional discounts. Unlike other local sporting good stores, their coupon will be good for all of 2018 – not just one weekend. One catch is that you MUST bring in the coupon or show the employees the coupon on your phone. Just mentioning that you are from SMGSA will NOT get you the discount.
The 2018 Spring season registration is now open! Log onto the SMGSA website and click on the Spring Registration tab at the top of the home page.
A reminder to come to Heasley Field today with a fully completed Volunteer Application to receive a discount on registration. The Volunteer form is located under the Documents section of the website.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Hello SMGSA Families!
The following email contains a lot of important information regarding Spring Registration and the final weeks of Fall Ball.
First, we want to remind everyone to set their clocks back on Saturday night or you may arrive to field an hour too early on Sunday. Also, regarding this Sunday, the weather forecast has changed several times in the last day with rain, no rain, light rain, heavy rain etc. We will send out an email blast should the games be rained out on Sunday. But if no news, then it is good news and the games will go on.
We will launch the Spring 2018 season registration on Sunday, November 12th. Registration will end January 16th. All divisions will be open including 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U & 14/16U. Price will be $150 for 6U and $225 for 8U and up. Due to changing health laws and insurance guidelines, we can no longer have a diner volunteer program. As in the past, we will be offering a $15 off sibling discount for multiple players in one family, starting with the second.
On Sunday, November 12th, SMGSA will honor our countless volunteers that help make our league a premier league in the San Gabriel Valley. As part of Volunteer Appreciation Day, any parent from the current or previous season who turns in a completed Volunteer Application, a copy of their state or federal issued identification and a Concussion Protocol Certificate, will receive a discount code to enter on the payment screen of the registration website for $15 off. We understand that most parents may not know whether they will be able to volunteer next season or not and that’s okay. There is no obligation to volunteer when you turn this in so it is just an easy way to save a few bucks on registration. These documents should be handed to an SMGSA Board Member at Heasley Field on Sunday the 12th between 8am and 9pm to receive the coupon code.
Link to Concussion Protocol Website: http://headsup.cdc.gov
These forms are needed every year so if you filled one out in 2017, a new one is needed for 2018.
Those interested in managing a team in the Spring must send the volunteer application, Concussion Protocol Certificate and identification to SMGSA’s Director of Coaching, Lucinda Buchan (firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com) no later than December 29th to be considered.
Information on opening/closing day, evaluations, uniform sizing etc. will be on the registration website beginning November 12th. Any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To close out the fall season, we have moved all teams to Heasley Field on Sunday the 12th. Please check your team website for changes. On that same final Sunday from 12pm-3pm, our league’s Umpire in Chief, Lynda Albright, will have a table set up near the diner for recommendations on SMGSA rule changes. Here is a link directly to our Rules of Play for your reference… http://www.smgsa.org/organizations/3193/pages/118616
Before our final fall game day, we invite you to come out to Heasley Field on Friday the 10th and watch the managers, coach’s and board members play in the semi-annual “Coach’s Game”. First pitch will be at 6:00pm. At 7:30, we’ll then set up for Movie Night in the Park, which will feature the movie, “The Mermaid’s Tail”. The diner will be open as well!
We look forward to a fun final two weeks of fall ball and hope to see everyone next Spring!