News and Announcements
The SMGSA Diner is looking to hire a griller or two ASAP. This is a paid position at the Heasley Diner for Sunday’s only during the remainder of the fall season. If you or anyone you know is interested in some extra income, please contact our Diner Director, Sebastian Pulido at email@example.com.
Happy Tuesday SMGSA!
Hope everyone enjoyed their long holiday weekend. A few important announcements below…
- We are in need of a manager for the Heasley Field Diner on Sunday’s. This is a paid position and the hours are from 10am to 8pm. Experience with food service and/or supervision is preferred. If you are interested or know anyone that may be interested, please contact our Snack Activities Officer, Sebastian Pulido at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are still plenty of spaces available for the hitting clinic with UCLA’s Jelly Felix for this Thursday. Click on this link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4aa8aa22a7f58-weekly1
- There are still a few spaces available for the pitching clinic with Alverno Alumni, Katie Taix for this Thursday. Click on this link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4aa8aa22a7f58-weekly2
- There are limited spaces available for the fielding clinic with SMGSA’s Director of Coaching, Lucinda Buchan, for this Thursday. Click on this link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4aa8aa22a7f58-weekly
- Uniform jerseys are due in this week. Our Uniforms Director, Glenn Chung, will be reaching out to all managers to arrange for them to be picked up. IF there is an issue with a uniform, please let your team manager know so that we can try and get it fixed ASAP. A reminder that the fall dues covered a jersey top. Black pants, socks, visor etc. would need to be purchased or reused from a previous season.
- This Sunday is our first game day for fall. 6U-10U schedules have been posted for this weekend. 12/14U schedules should be posted by tomorrow morning. The rest of the season schedules should be posted by the end of this week or the beginning of next. Our apologies on the delay. We are waiting for a few other neighboring leagues to finish their schedules so they mesh with ours . Competitive teams should receive their schedules by tomorrow. Please contact your team manager with any questions.
- If you are volunteering as a team manager, coach or team parent, first off, we thank you for your help. We do need a volunteer application and a copy of a state issued identification. The application is attached via a link below. Once these are filled out, they need to be scanned and emailed to our league Registrar, Sharon Pevsner, at email@example.com. IF YOU FILLED ONE OF THESE OUT THIS LAST SPRING SEASON, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILL IT OUT AGAIN. Please just email Sharon and let her know who you are and that you were already cleared.
All for now. Looking forward to seeing everyone out on the field this Sunday.
The document Volunteer_App.pdf was attached to this post.
Just a reminder that there is still some space available for the hitting and pitching clinics tonight at Heasley Field.
Hitting clinic with UCLA’s Jelly Felix has spaces available in the 6pm and 7:35pm spots. Cost is $25 for 90 minutes. Click on this link to sign up:
Pitching clinic with Katie Taix has spaces available at 5pm and 6pm. Cost is $20 for 60 minutes. ALL PLAYERS MUST BRING THEIR OWN CATCHER. Click on this link to sign up:
The fielding clinic with Coach Lucinda still has a couple of spots at the 7pm clinic. This is a free clinic. Click on this link to sign up:
Hope to see you out there tonight!
SMGSA is proud to offer weekly clinics to players of all ages and leagues. Clinics will be held every Thursday at Heasley Field beginning Thursday, August 23rd.
- The Hitting Clinic will be held by UCLA’s #42, Jelly Felix. Price is $25 for 90 minutes. Sign-ups are available on
the SMGSA SignUpGenius:
- The Pitching Clinic will be held by former Alverno High School pitcher, Katie Taix. Price is $20 for 60 minutes.
Sign-ups are available on the SMGSA SignUpGenius:
- The Fielding Clinic will be league sponsored and held by SMGSA Director of Coaching and Alverno High School
Varsity Softball Coach, Lucinda Buchan. Sign-ups are available on the SMGSA SignUpGenius:
For those signed up for the 2018 SMGSA Fall Season, teams are being assigned this evening, August 19th and managers will be in touch with all players this coming week. Thank you for your patience.
Hope to see you out on the field for our clinics this fall!
Just a reminder that Tuesday, July 10th is the last day to sign up to be evaluated to play on one of the 3 competitive fall balls teams.
Here are the links to sign up:
10U – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4aa8aa22a7f58-10ufall
12U – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4aa8aa22a7f58-12ufall
14U – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4aa8aa22a7f58-14ufall